The Facts Are...
- More than 600,000 eye injuries related to sports and recreation occur each year.
- Over 85% of children do not utilize protective eyewear in situations that represent a risk of eye injury.
- Every 13 minutes a person with a sports related eye injury visits an emergency room.
- More than 90% of all eye injuries can be prevented with the use of appropriate protective eyewear.
Sports Eye Protection Buying Tips
- Use the recommended eye protection table to find the eye protection safety standard for your sport. Ensure that the protector you purchase meets or exceeds that recommended standard.
- For outdoor sports, insist on 100% UVA & UVB protection. Additionally, photochromic (lenses that change color) or tinted lenses are excellent for sports in various light situations.
- For both indoor and outdoor sports, anti-refective coatings add comport by reducing glare.
- Frames must be used with a sports band or retention strap to ensure the frame stays in place.